- If you had the money and the space, I think it would be worth it to install a large track of rails around a room that you could attach a baby’s car seat to, to send them on a simulated car ride when they didn’t want to go to sleep.
- I’m totally comfortable with the fact that I don’t understand how a lot of things work electronically — like, for example, I don’t understand how cassette tapes stored audio information, and I barely understand how mp3s do. But I’m OK with that. What bugs me is that I truly don’t understand how (a) speakers work physically — how do they so accurately reproduce the sounds generated by instruments and voices without having the same physical components? and (b) if speakers can do this, why don’t electronic keyboards (like Casios etc) sound more realistic on sounds labeled “trumpet” or “human voice”?
- If nobody has invented it yet, there really ought to be a jukebox that’s loaded with mp3s — even potentially connected with something like iTunes. Put in a quarter for the song you want to hear, or $1.00 if the song isn’t already downloaded. I think I’d enjoy that bar.
- I have a soft spot for animals, but I just don’t get the appeal of horses. I don’t dislike them or anything — I just don’t get them.
- I might be the only person I know who wishes there was non-alcoholic whiskey. I love the flavor, but I don’t want to get drunk.
- If you enjoy science fiction but you’re not reading www.schlockmercenary.com, you’re really doing yourself a disservice. Start from the beginning. Yes, it’s over 10 years old. Just trust me.
- I have all sorts of crazy ideas for blogs that I’m not currently doing. Like, for example, if someone would pay for the whole thing (and that’s of course the catch for much of this), I’d love to spend a few days in every state capital, doing one a week for a year. With the remaining two weeks, I’d hit D.C. and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Another idea I have is to have a dinner “party” once a week for a year, and have a different guest or guest couple every time, and blog about those people (as well as the food).
- If you’ve read this far, I’d also love to use this blog to do a sort of Six Degrees thing, and to see who the most famous person is that I could interview based purely on connections you all made for me. Who might you be able to connect to?